TUESDAY: Inflation Event with White House Economic Advisor, Expert Panel
November 3, 2021 Groundwork Collaborative
Keynote by Jared Bernstein, member of White House Council of Economic Advisers
Virtual panel comes a day before the release of new CPI numbers
On Tuesday, November 9, Groundwork Collaborative and the Roosevelt Institute will host a virtual event to discuss the myths, misconceptions, and missing narratives in the current inflation debate. The event will provide important context leading into the release of new Consumer Price Index (CPI) data the following day.
Jared Bernstein, a member of the White House Council of Economic Advisers, will deliver the keynote speech. This keynote will be followed by a panel of experts who will weigh in on key topics, including:
- How corporate profiteering and monopolies are exacerbating current price hikes;
- Ways public investments are necessary to help prevent concentration of power and supply chain issues to create an economy that works for everyone; and
- Why policymakers should reject calls for austerity as a response to current inflation trends.
- The keynote remarks and panel discussion will put current economic trends into historical perspective, lift up additional and needed narratives around rising costs, and offer thoughts on the harmful implications of overreacting to inflation fears.
WHEN: TUESDAY – November 9, 1-2:30 p.m. (ET).
- Jared Bernstein (keynote), Member of White House Council of Economic Advisers
- Rakeen Mabud (moderator), Chief Economist & Managing Director of Policy and Research, Groundwork Collaborative
- Lauren Melodia (panelist), Deputy Director of Macroeconomic Analysis, Roosevelt Institute
- Indivar Dutta-Gupta (panelist), Co-Executive Director, Georgetown Center on Poverty & Inequality
- Josh Bivens (panelist), Director of Research, Economic Policy Institute
WHERE: Zoom – click here to register for the webinar
Groundwork Collaborative: The Groundwork Collaborative’s mission is to advance an economic vision for strong, broadly shared prosperity and true opportunity for all. Learn more at https://groundworkcollaborative.org/ and follow us on Twitter @Groundwork.
Roosevelt Institute: The Roosevelt Institute is a think tank, a student network, and the nonprofit partner to the Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library and Museum that, together, are learning from the past and working to redefine the future of the American economy. Focusing on corporate and public power, labor and wages, and the economics of race and gender inequality, the Roosevelt Institute unifies experts, invests in young leaders, and advances progressive policies that bring the legacy of Franklin and Eleanor into the 21st century. To keep up to date with the Roosevelt Institute, please visit us on Twitter or our website.