Groundwork’s Dr. Rakeen Mabud to Join AFL-CIO Economic Panel: Myths and Misconceptions About Inflation and How We Fix It
September 14, 2022 Groundwork Collaborative
Tomorrow, Groundwork’s Chief Economist Dr. Rakeen Mabud will join an inflation event hosted by the AFL-CIO. The conversation is taking place ahead of the Sept. 20–21 Federal Reserve meeting where interest rates are expected to be raised again. Panelists will dispel the recent narrative attributing blame for inflation on increased wages for workers, tariffs, stimulus checks and government investment in infrastructure and energy.
WHAT: “Myths and Misconceptions About Inflation and How We Fix It” – an economic panel discussion hosted by the AFL-CIO
- Liz Shuler, President, AFL-CIO
- William Spriggs, Ph.D., Chief Economist, AFL-CIO
- Rakeen Mabud, Ph.D., Chief Economist & Managing Director of Policy and Research, Groundwork Collaborative
- Mike Konczal, Director of Macroeconomic Analysis, Roosevelt Institute
- Josh Bivens, Ph.D., Director of Research, Economic Policy Institute
WHERE: AFL-CIO Headquarters, 815 Black Lives Matter Plaza NW, Washington, D.C., or watch the livestream at AFLCIO.tv.
WHEN: Thursday, Sept. 15, 9 a.m. – 10 a.m. ET
HOW: To RSVP, email Liz Vlock at email@example.com
There will be limited availability for a Q&A. Questions may be submitted in advance by emailing Liz Vlock. Please note that proof of vaccination and masks are required for entry to the building.